WITH DR. JASON EMER
Dr. Jason Emer is specialist in acne scar treatment. In this treatment he is using radio frequency and microneedling which is very effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars.
Safe for all skin types, microneedling should be part of all patients’ maintenance treatment regimen for collagen production and overall rejuvenation.
Traditionally in the past lasers have been the primary form of rejuvenating the skin along with deep chemical peels on the face. Newer technologies with microneedling and microneedling with radio frequency can give improvements in the skin in terms of pores, scars, complexion and skin tone, and even skin tightening more than we’ve ever seen before with less risk.
A Quick Intro to
The tip of a microneedling device has a grouping of very fine needles that rapidly pierce the surface of the skin at a depth determined by the treatment provider, which stimulates collagen production without pain or damage. This increased collagen rejuvenates the skin’s texture and appearance. In the hands of expert cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Jason Emer, microneedling is a powerful treatment that has now become one of his most popular offerings.
Microneedling with PRP
Dr. Jason Emer, a board-certified dermatologist and an expert in facial and body rejuvenation from Beverly Hills/Los Angeles, CA, uses PRP post laser treatment with microneedling to help the skin build collagen, reduce inflammation, and shorten healing time.
The PRP is harvested from the patient’s own blood and is applied topically to the skin. The PRP contains growth factors that help the skin rebuild while reducing inflammation and redness.
How Does Microneedling
Transform Your Skin?
- Kickstarts collagen production – In aging, the production of collagen, the body’s age-reversing protein compound that helps seal in moisture and ensures a smooth, radiant complexion, slows down. Microneedling causes controlled trauma, which triggers the body’s natural wound-healing response and creates an increase in collagen production – and a youthful glow.
- Helps correct facial scarring – Dr. Emer is renowned for the way he uses microneedling as part of his approach in treating acne scars. Many of his patients have experienced significant improvement to their acne scars with no negative side effects.
- Other types of skin corrections – Microneedling can actually be performed head-to-toe and on all skin types to address pigmentation issues, repair sun damage, reduce the appearance of pores and tighten the skin.
- Speeds up the absorption of topical serums – After a microneedling session, the skin is more susceptible to the absorption of serums, nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, which is super beneficial when it comes to fighting off free radical damage from the environment and the stress of aging.
- Helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines – Sagging, wrinkled skin can be revitalized through microneedling, while fine lines, creases and folds can be gently reversed. What’s more, microneedling can be more cost-effective than some laser and light treatments, and can be performed more frequently.
Why Dr. Emer
DR. EMER'S PROCESS
Using a portable handheld device, Dr. Emer expertly needles the treatment areas to a predetermined depth based on the concerns with miniature needles, triggering fine pinpoint bleeding which stimulates new collagen. Pinpoint bleeding is important because this indicates the needles are reaching the depth where collagen production occurs in the skin.
Dr. Emer also uses microneedling as a post-laser treatment, in combination with topical cosmeceuticals, natural growth factors, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cells (Acell). This revolutionary, combination approach has been shown to improve outcomes, activate healing, reduce redness and assist with product absorption.
Watch Angelo's Treatment
This treatment is my go-to treatment for acne scar patients who have darker skin tones. Because this treatment combines radio frequency and microneedling, it is highly effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars by stimulating new collagen and by breaking up scar tissue.
Can Help Almost Anyone
Most all skin types are excellent candidates for microneedling treatments, regardless of age. The treatment aids the skin in building new tissue, so patients with both thick and thin skin can experience improvement in skin texture. Before undergoing any procedure, patients should be free of any skin infections to prevent worsening due to the skin being pierced. Individuals with scars from acne or injury are also good candidates for this treatment to remodel the scar tissue.
State Of The Art
State of the Art
SkinPen is the perfect treatment for younger patients who want to prepare their skin for improved penetration of cosmeceuticals, fillers, radiofrequency treatments, and laser treatments. This portable microneedling device works well with other treatments and provides zero recovery time. Twelve microneedles penetrate the dermis to induce collagen production, which is also integral to Dr. Emer’s approach to treating acne scars.
To learn more about how to treat Acne Scars
Dr. Emer often uses the Amiea Med for patients who wish to treat wrinkles and acne scars. This innovative microneedling device has six needles and delivers 900 punctures per second. Its precise and instant skin punctuation is ideal for treating challenging areas, smoothing out skin texture and tightening loose skin. Each entry is powerful yet gentle, and guided penetration of the target areas helps achieve optimal results.
Beyond improving overall skin tone and texture, benefits includes:
- No ablation of the epidermis — no skin layers are removed, less risk of side effects, less pain and minimal healing time.
- Clinically proven efficiency
- Safe to use on all skin types, low risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Melanocytes are not destroyed
- Healing without scars
DR. EMER'S PROCESS
Dr. Jason Emer provides The best acne scar removal treatment in Beverley Hills, California. You can see his amazing results here. Acne and acne scars have major effects on a person’s confidence and self esteem. Cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Jason Emer treated this patient with Accutane and a combination of laser treatments to combat this patient’s acne. Here is his testimonial.
Dr. Jason Emer is a board-certified dermatologist, specializing in cosmetic, laser and procedural dermatology, including facial sculpting with fillers and hi definition body contouring transformations in West Hollywood, California.
ADDITIONAL PATIENT STORIES
DOWNTIME & RECOVERY
Downtime can range from days to weeks depending on the treatments performed. Microneedling alone typically results in swelling and tenderness for 2 to 5 days, depending on the depth of the treatment, the number of passes on the skin, and your skin’s sensitivity to the treatment. For those who combine microneedling with non-ablative lasers (such as Clear+Brilliant, Fraxel, or Venus Viva) or ablative lasers (Erbium, Halo, or CO2), the recovery period may be 1 to 2 weeks.
Dr. Emer can provide a post-treatment skin care protocol to help repair the skin, minimize your downtime, and improve your outcome:
CONNECT WITH US
Engage in a video or phone consultation with our Skin Care Team from anywhere in the world or virtually meet with Dr. Jason Emer, one of the foremost authorities on skin health and rejuvenation.
Dr. Emer’s aestheticians are the best in the world and have years of experience in customizing skin care protocols and at-home treatment plans to compliment the office laser, microneedling and peel. Our proprietary, in-house facials and chemical peels have been developed to work simultaneously with our combination treatment plans to prepare the skin for lasers and more aggressive treatments, as well as maintain improvements.
After each treatment, our aestheticians will recommend a tailored product regimen of medical grade skincare products that will continue to improve the quality of your skin including pore reduction, smoothing and tightening, fine wrinkles, and skin lightening. Our skincare offerings are all medical-grade products doctor dispensed only and essential to prepare your skin for treatments as well as maintain the results. All recommendations are personalized to your specific treatment plan, goals and lifestyle.