Certain things in life deliver exactly as promised, and the Clear + Brilliant laser is no exception. A gentle but effective, non-invasive, state-of-the-art laser, Clear + Brilliant helps improve skin texture, create a blended and even skin tone, brighten the skin’s complexion, minimize pores, and treat skin pigmentation, resulting in clear and glowing skin. The perfect maintenance treatment, Clear + Brilliant (also known as the “Baby Fraxel”) can be used to:
- improve pigmentation and melasma
- target skin burns, sun spots, sun damage, and discoloration
- treat facial redness, rosacea, and capillary issues
- shrink enlarged pores and reduce oiliness
- diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- provide skin resurfacing for mild acne scars
- aid in aging prevention
- decrease the risk of precancerous skin cells
- assist with overall textural improvement
How does it work?
Clear + Brilliant is a non-ablative fractional laser that generates heat deep beneath the skin to stimulate new collagen production. As the device rolls over the surface, it delivers highly focused, microscopic columns of energy to the upper layers of the skin and replaces damaged skin with healthy tissue, giving you clearer, younger-looking skin. Comprised of two separate handpieces with distinct advantages, Clear + Brilliant is two treatments in one:
- a white “Original” 1440nm handpiece for mild scarring, deep lines and wrinkles, superficial discoloration, and sun damage, and
- a blue “Permea” 1927nm handpiece, specifically designed to reduce oiliness, shrink pores, improve fine lines and wrinkles, lift pigmentation and discoloration, reduce rosacea or facial redness. By creating microchannels in the skin, the Permea handpiece maximizes the absorption of any products applied to the skin after treatment (such as nutrient-rich topical skin care products) and also increases the efficacy of any post-laser chemical peels.
Which treatments work best with Clear + Brilliant?
Clear + Brilliant treatment is often followed by microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Microneedling creates controlled micro-wounds in the skin, allowing PRP, growth factors, medical-grade antioxidants, and stem cells (such as ACell) to be pushed deeply into the skin and further improve the skin’s tone, texture, and appearance. In combination with Clear + Brilliant, microneedling with PRP can help address localized problem areas, including active acne, scars, dark circles under the eyes, fine lines and wrinkles, and neck or chest lines.
Clear + Brilliant pairs well with a multitude of treatments, including facials, vascular lasers, and ablative laser treatments like CO2 or Erbium. Dr. Emer also combines Clear + Brilliant with microneedling radiofrequency (RF) treatments, such as Fractora or Morpheus8, as part of his Tight & Bright procedure. First, the deep microneedling RF tightens loose skin, prevents crepiness, and improves the overall skin texture; then, the Clear + Brilliant laser brightens the skin by stimulating cellular turnover and generating new skin cells, leaving the skin smooth and vibrant.
Clear + Brilliant for Acne Scarring
While Clear + Brilliant is not as aggressive as an ablative CO2 or Erbium laser, it is nevertheless a pivotal part of the acne scarring treatment process. As part of a 3-step procedure, Dr. Emer first reduces facial redness with a vascular laser (such as Laser Genesis, excel V, Aerolase, or VBeam) or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). This is followed by a microneedling RF treatment (such as InMode Fractora, Morpheus8, or EndyMed Intensif), which sends RF energy into the layers of the skin, prompts skin tightening, and evens out the skin’s texture.
The Clear + Brilliant laser completes the 3-step treatment by lightly resurfacing the skin and stimulating cellular turnover, allowing for the generation of new cells and resulting in smooth, vibrant skin. At a later date, Dr. Emer will use an ablative laser (such as CO2 or Erbium) or a non-ablative fractional laser (such as Fraxel or Sciton Halo) to vaporize the entire outer layer of the skin, achieve a thorough skin resurfacing, and regenerate new skin cells.
Clear + Brilliant for Hyperpigmentation and Melasma
Hyperpigmentation of any kind requires a combination approach, including:
- peels like Cosmelan or Enlighten
- lasers such as Clear + Brilliant, Aerolase, or Laser Genesis to improve skin color and tone
- fractional RF devices such as Venus Viva
- microneedling with PRP
- bimonthly DermalInfusion treatments
- constant skin care and sun protection
Clear + Brilliant for Rosacea
To treat rosacea, Dr. Emer employs a customized combination approach involving an assortment of targeted lasers (such as Aerolase), vascular laser treatments (such as excel V or Yellow Laser), and non-ablative lasers such as Clear + Brilliant and Laser Genesis to provide overall facial rejuvenation, improve sun damage spots, decrease pore size, and lift pigmentation to the surface. Following these treatments, Dr. Emer’s in-house aestheticians apply custom-made solutions and masks to the treated areas to rehydrate the skin, protect it with antioxidants, and accelerate the healing process.
Clear + Brilliant for Skin Burns
For significant, long-term improvement, skin burns require a combination of laser treatments — including Fraxel, Laser Genesis, and Clear + Brilliant — to restore pigment to the area and repair the skin. LightStim LED Light Therapy and peels such as Cosmelan or Enlighten can further improve the laser treatment results. In the case of hypo- or hyperpigmentation, microneedling with PRP and ACell can help accelerate healing, regenerate skin cells, and improve uneven skin tone.
Clear + Brilliant for Wrinkles
Wrinkled or crepey skin typically requires a patient-tailored combination of skin tightening treatments, including RF devices (Renuvion, FaceTite / BodyTite, Forma / Contoura, Thermage, and Venus Legacy), microneedling RF (InMode Fractora or Morpheus8), ultrasound skin tightening (Ultherapy), non-ablative lasers (Clear + Brilliant or Fraxel), ablative lasers (Erbium), thread lifting (Silhouette InstaLift or NovaThreads), microneedling with PRP, Sculptra injections for collagen production, and proper skin care.
How long do Clear + Brilliant improvements last?
Clear + Brilliant is the perfect non-ablative, non-invasive, energy-based treatment and should be a regular component of your facial rejuvenation protocol. While collagen production provides long-term improvements, Dr. Emer recommends that his patients get at least 4 to 6 treatments (once or twice per month) to obtain the best results with Clear + Brilliant. Maintenance treatments are scheduled every 4 to 8 weeks thereafter.
How does Dr. Emer do it differently?
The reputed “Cowboy of Facial Rejuvenation,” Dr. Emer earned his reputation in part thanks to his global facial rejuvenation techniques. A master of facial sculpting, contouring, and revitalization, Dr. Emer employs his artistry and a range of devices, technologies, and methodologies to address specific areas of concern and rejuvenate the entire face and body.
For patients seeking facial rejuvenation treatments with anti-aging or age prevention benefits, Dr. Emer suggests a combination approach including:
- regular Clear + Brilliant laser treatments, non-ablative Fraxel or Halo laser treatments, or nanofractional RF treatments (like Venus Viva) every 1 to 2 months
- ablative laser treatments (CO2 and/or Erbium) every 4 to 6 months
- Sculptra injections for collagen production with injectable fillers
- Botox, Dysport, and/or Xeomin to stop movement lines and prevent lines at rest
- Thermage (RF), Ultherapy (ultrasound), and non-surgical thread lifting for annual skin tightening and lifting
- microneedling RF (such as Fractora, Morpheus8, and EndyMed Intensif) for skin tightening and crepey skin improvement
Is Clear + Brilliant painful?
Dr. Emer typically applies a topical numbing cream 15 to 30 minutes prior to Clear + Brilliant treatments to minimize discomfort, which can vary depending on the duration of the treatment. It is critical that the laser operator is a trained and skilled professional; if used with improper settings, the skin can be thermally overheated, resulting in severe pain and complications.
How long does the procedure last?
The Clear + Brilliant procedure can be tailored to each patient’s needs and aesthetic goals. The duration of the procedure is approximately 10 to 30 minutes depending on the treatment area.
What is the downtime?
There is minimal to no downtime involved with Clear + Brilliant. During the treatment, patients feel some light pinching and increasing heat as the laser rolls across the skin’s surface. After the procedure, patients experience mild redness, minor swelling, and a sandpaper-type texture for 1 to 3 days. A natural, restorative Mesoestetic Post Peel Crystal Fiber Mask is applied immediately after treatment to restore optimal levels of skin moisture and elasticity and enhance the cell renewal process. Once at home, Dr. Emer’s patients begin a 4-day skin care regimen to hydrate and brighten the skin and accelerate the healing process:
- iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance+, which increases antioxidant protection while improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and aging skin
- SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel to restore and bind moisture to the skin with hyaluronic acid and Vitamin B5
- SENTE Dermal Repair Cream, which improves the appearance of skin texture and firmness while enhancing skin tone for a more youthful radiance
- AnteAGE MD GF Serum for reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, skin redness, and sensitivity
Clear + Brilliant patients also apply these enzyme-rich products to the treatment area to gently remove any dead skin:
- RestorSea Pro Foaming Cleanser to lighten and brighten without stripping the skin of its essential oils
- Jan Marini Clean Zyme Cleanser, a potent cleanser that allows resurfacing agents to reach the skin more effectively
- Jan Marini Skin Zyme Mask, which thoroughly digests dead epidermal cells and improves the results of skin rejuvenation, acne, scar reduction, and hyperpigmentation treatments
Is Clear + Brilliant safe?
Clear + Brilliant is a low-level, low-density, non-ablative laser that is safe for all skin types and poses no risk of hyperpigmentation. In the hands of a skilled professional, Clear + Brilliant can safely be combined with other lasers, facials, and peels to achieve even better outcomes.
How do I schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer?
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, please reach out to our concierge to schedule an appointment. Call 424-800-4140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.