Evolus Jeuveau, a Botox alternative designed to treat glabellar lines, is now available at Emerage Medical
The newest neurotoxin (or #newtox) for temporary improvement of fine lines and wrinkles is Evolus Jeuveau. After receiving FDA approval in February of this year, Evolus has begun an epic launch of their new product, which is rolling out to medical professionals around the U.S. Board-certified dermatologist and facial sculpting and contouring specialist Dr. Jason Emer, a pioneer of innovative, non-surgical combination treatments, is one of the first professionals in the country to get his hands on the product and to implement this #newtox.
Jeuveau is a brand new cosmetic “freezer” (a modern alternative to products like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin), specifically designed for temporary improvement in moderate to severe glabellar lines (also known as frown lines or “11s”) but also effective in treating crow’s feet (outer eye wrinkles) and forehead lines.
Wrinkle prevention is an increasingly popular procedure for women as well as men (often referred to as “Brotox”) and particularly with younger patients who wish to ward off the premature signs of aging. Regular neurotoxin maintenance (every 2 to 4 months, depending on your unique needs) can be an effective preventative treatment in combination with patient-tailored peels, lasers, radiofrequency and ultrasound energy-based treatments, dermal fillers, Sculptra injections, and daily skin care.
How does Jeuveau work?
Similar to Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, Evolus Jeuveau is a neuromuscular blocking agent or injectable relaxer / “freezer” that binds to receptors that send nerve signals for muscles to contract. In short, Jeuveau prevents your nerves from telling your facial muscles to flex or contract. In turn, the muscles relax, and the wrinkles that normally form from movement are prevented; when relaxed, these movement lines are much less noticeable both immediately and over time. Neuromodulators are used in various parts of the face, including the:
- Glabellar lines
- Crow’s feet
- Nose wrinkles or creases (“bunny lines”)
- Lip lines / fine lines around the mouth
- Neck bands / lines (“tech neck”)
- Vertical neck lines / platysmal bands
How does Dr. Emer do it differently?
Recently named the “Cowboy of Facial Rejuvenation,” Dr. Emer’s unique approach to injectable fillers and neuromodulators involves identifying the proper injection location, using a conservative approach, and customizing the dosage for each patient depending on the severity of their wrinkles (both at rest and with movement) and their ultimate aesthetic goals (a “natural” look with mild movement vs. a “frozen” look with less movement). While neurotoxins are primarily designed to soften or prevent movement lines and wrinkles, Dr. Emer uses these products for a range of aesthetic improvements, including:
- Chemical Brow Lift, a non-surgical lifting procedure ideal for those with mild brow heaviness due to drooping eyelids or low-hanging brows
- anti-aging and skin rejuvenation via AQUAGOLD Fine Touch ampule infusion, which infuses restorative products and nutrients into the skin along with neurotoxins that are known to shrink pores, decrease redness, and reduce oiliness and fine lines
- gummy smile reduction by weakening the muscles that elevate the upper lip
- cobblestone chins (also known as “pebble chins,” “orange peel chins” or “golf ball chins”), which are caused by repeated contractions of the chin muscle
- liquid rhinoplasty (or non-surgical nose job) in combination with dermal fillers to help prevent nasal wrinkles or “bunny lines” that reduce the filler’s longevity in the nose area
- jawline contouring by relaxing the masseter muscle to create a more contoured and slimmed lower face/neck
- hyperhidrosis (or excessive sweating) in the armpits, face, scalp, buttock, or groin
- chronic migraines and muscle tension of the neck, back, and scalp
- complete non-surgical facial rejuvenation in combination with injectable fillers, energy-based skin tightening treatments, laser skin resurfacing, thread lifting, patient-tailored peels and facials, and a customized skin care protocol
A key component of Dr. Emer’s expertise with facial sculpting is understanding how men and women age differently and how injection techniques differ based on gender. Men often experience lowering eyebrows and upper eyelid hooding earlier in life, so Dr. Emer purposely avoids forehead injections to prevent the brows from further lowering. On the other hand, most women desire arched, contoured brows, so Chemical Brow Lifts and treatments around the eyes and forehead are typically part of their facial rejuvenation plan.
How long do Jeuveau improvements last?
On average, Evolus Jeuveau results typically last about 4 months, though this duration varies depending on each patient’s unique response to the treatment and the specific areas treated. In Dr. Emer’s experience, comparable neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin take effect 1 to 2 weeks following injection and last for 2 to 3 months on average.
Active, athletic, and/or more expressive individuals may find that these treatments do not last quite as long and often require a higher dosage. If a certain product does not work for you, Dr. Emer often advises that you try an alternate product (such as Jeuveau) to see if your skin responds differently.
Because our bodies are constantly creating new receptors and neurotransmitters, neurotoxins like Jeuveau require consistent maintenance to prevent and “freeze” our movement lines. Without regular treatments, the wrinkles will slowly form as the muscle regains function over time.
Is it painful?
Similar to Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, there is typically minimal pain and virtually no stinging sensation associated with Jeuveau. However, as with any minimally invasive treatment, there may be some discomfort upon injection.
What is the downtime for Jeuveau?
There is no downtime with Jeuveau injections; patients can return to their everyday activities immediately following their #newtox treatment. According to research studies, Jeuveau may have the following side effects: localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, erythema, bleeding, and/or bruising.
Am I a good candidate?
While neuromodulator injections are generally safe for all individuals and skin types, patients respond to these toxins in various ways and have differing results depending on the condition and area being treated. To determine if you are an ideal candidate for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, or Jeuveau #newtox treatments, schedule a formal evaluation or a virtual consultation with a board-certified dermatologist and specialist in cosmetic “freezers” like Dr. Jason Emer.
For those with deeper lines, wrinkles, or folds (or for those with skin laxity or loose, crepey skin), Dr. Emer can assist in developing a long-term, custom-tailored treatment plan to ensure significant improvement.
How do I schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer?
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, please reach out to our concierge to schedule an appointment. Call 424-800-4140 or email us at email@example.com.