A specialist in life-altering, full-body transformations, Dr. Jason Emer performs an advanced form of liposuction called Hi-Definition Liposculpture. It seeks to not only remove unwanted fat, but also tighten the skin, improve cellulite, define and contour the body, and correct botched surgeries and irregularities.
Using revolutionary techniques and advanced technologies, including laser, ultrasound, and radiofrequency (RF) energy, Dr. Emer can meticulously design every detail. He shapes a perfect curve, creates toned/athletic arms, lifts and shapes the buttocks, and sculpts and defines six-pack abs. Areas that are difficult to treat for others — such as the legs, calves, chest, and back — are Dr. Emer’s unique specialties.
Dr. Emer crafts an inventive, customized approach for each of his patients, producing significant improvements where others cannot. For patients who would benefit from surgical procedures, such as skin removal, tummy tucks, body lifting, breast lifts, breast revisions, or breast augmentation procedures, Dr. Emer works closely with his expert surgical team to ensure a safe, effective and complete transformation that is performed simultaneously. Regardless of the procedure, in Dr. Emer’s care, stunning results are inevitable. For this reason, patients travel to Dr. Emer’s practice in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, from all over the world to take advantage of his comprehensive and innovative approaches.
How is Dr. Emer’s Hi-Definition Liposculpture different from Traditional Liposuction?
Traditional liposuction is essentially “bulk fat reduction,” which in some cases can lead to loose, sagging skin, indentations, or irregularities. What traditional liposuction cannot do is contour, reshape or sculpt the body. Furthermore, traditional liposuction cannot tighten or remove loose skin, fix previously botched procedures, or address complications such as fibrosis, discoloration, or poor contour.
There are plenty of cosmetic physicians and plastic surgeons who can remove fat for mild improvement, but there are only a handful of meticulous, highly skilled Hi-Definition Liposculpture specialists who can remove fat, tighten skin, remove cellulite, correct botched procedures, improve indentations and irregularities, and purify and repurpose the removed fat to create a defined, sculpted figure. The end result after a Hi-Definition procedure is a contoured shape that can be further enhanced with exercise, diet, and in-office body treatments, such as Coolsculpting or truSculpt iD radiofrequency skin tightening.
How does Dr. Emer do Hi-Definition Liposculpture differently?
Utilizing a state-of-the-art, water-assisted Body-Jet fat removal system, Dr. Emer masterfully detaches fat cells from connective tissue and separates tissue from the muscles to reduce bruising and swelling. A key advantage of the Body-Jet water-assisted system is the ability to control how much fluid is used at any given time, allowing Dr. Emer to limit the amount of fluid injected when treating localized areas; water-assisted liposuction is also preferred for Lipedema patients as well as for leg / calf / ankle contouring because it is a gentler approach that protects the lymphatic vessels from long-term swelling or bruising following the procedure.
Dr. Emer then uses VASERlipo, an ultrasound-based system that uses ultrasonic cavitation to deliver acoustic energy beneath the skin, disrupt and dislodge clusters of intact fat cells, and provide simultaneous definition and sculpting enhancements. Unlike only energy-based liposuction devices, ultrasonic liposuction causes stem heat under the surface of the skin to further enhance sculpting and obtain increased skin tightening; it also allows for the improvement and softening of scar tissue or irregularities from previous procedures. Next, either by hand or through power-assisted devices, Dr. Emer is able to remove unwanted fat, which is then purified and harvested so that it can be reused to sculpt, define and volumize targeted areas. For women, common areas of contouring and lifting include the buttocks, breasts, calves, face, hands, and cellulite or indentations on the skin.
While many practices currently use SmartLipo or other laser-based liposuction devices, these techniques are now outdated and are not as effective in the disruption and removal of fat cells. Laser-based liposuction damages fat cells so they cannot be used for harvesting, grafting, or contouring. Additionally, the laser lipo skin tightening effect is minimal compared to other energy-based treatments, such as Renuvion or InMode BodyTite, which are now considered the gold standard of internal heating treatments when combined with VASERlipo.
Extracted fat is purified through Puregraft microfiltration, thereby removing any contaminants, oil, debris, and blood. Dr. Emer then enriches the fat with stem cells (such as A-cell), growth factors, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) derived from the patient’s own blood. Once purified and enriched, the fat can be used throughout the body to lift, shape, add volume and definition, provide additional contour, and refill and camouflage indentations and irregularities (as needed) from previous botched procedures. Fat and stem cells can also be harvested and stored for future use, when joint, wellness, anti-aging, and longevity procedures are required.
Fat grafting is typically used in combination with Sculptra in body contouring procedures to ensure even more long-term improvement and to provide additional volume and definition. Purified fat has numerous uses, including:
- Improving indentations and irregularities from prior surgeries
- Adding volume, contour and muscular definition to abdominals, arms and shoulders, legs, and calves
- Defining, lifting, shaping, and projecting the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift / Buttock Augmentation)
- Providing volume to the lips (Lip Augmentation)
- Improving dark circles under the eyes, hollows in the eyes, and adding volume and lift to the face (Fat Grafting to Face)
The purified fat can even be filtered down to a specialized “nanofat” to treat thinner skin; to reduce hand veins and cellulite; to improve dimples and wrinkles in the face, neck, and chest; and to address smaller areas of the body, including the eyelids, eyebrows and forehead. It can also be used “down under” to enhance sexual gratification or plump the vaginal skin.
Sculpting & Etching
Prior to Hi-Definition Liposculpture, Dr. Emer uses pre-op markings to identify his patients’ underlying muscles, create a roadmap for the procedure, and sketch out the ultimate result and contour/shape the patient is hoping for. Through advanced ultrasound technology and his unparalleled sculpting and etching expertise, Dr. Emer is able to remove the layer of fat that disguises those underlying musculature, create shadows and lines, etch out contours on the hip, and chisel out defined abs, hips, buttocks, back and thighs. The result is a toned, athletic appearance that is not obtainable through dieting and exercise alone.
A pioneer in patient-tailored combination treatments, Dr. Emer performs Hi-Definition Liposculpture in conjunction with an array of advanced heating technologies that can improve final outcomes by tightening the skin and improving contour, cellulite, and mild sagging.
- Renuvion (formerly J-Plasma) utilizes RF plasma energy to heat and tighten loose skin internally while simultaneously delivering helium for an immediate cooling effect, thereby protecting the skin from burns or scars. This procedure can be performed on the face, body, and in hard-to-reach areas such as the buttock roll, knees, and back.
- ThermiRF, InMode FaceTite, and InMode BodyTite deliver radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat the undersurface of the skin, prompting a “shrink wrap” skin tightening effect.
- Cutera’s truSculpt iD also uses radiofrequency energy to deliver non-surgical, no-downtime fat reduction, toning, tightening and sculpting for the abdomen, upper arms and thighs.
- In combination with Sculptra, fat injections and/or fillers like Bellafill, Cellfina can improve cellulite by cutting cellulite bands, disrupting any scars and tissue tugging on the skin, and fill out indentations and irregularities by improving volume in the area.
- Following the procedure, Dr. Emer often uses VEC (a combination of Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra and Cellutone) or VVZ (Venus Legacy, Vanquish, and ZWave) to accelerate the healing process. Radiofrequency technologies (including Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, and InMode Forma/ Contoura) and shockwave therapies (ZWave, Cellutone, and EVIVE) can limit complications such as fluid buildup (seroma) or blood buildup (hematoma); decrease the risk of scar tissue formation (fibrosis); and improve the ultimate outcome of the Hi-Definition Liposculpture procedure with long-term skin tightening and collagen production. Dr. Emer advises that his patients obtain radiofrequency and shockwave treatments twice per week for one month, once per week for the following month, and then once or twice per month indefinitely.
- Dr. Emer’s “Fire & Ice” treatment, which includes Vanquish and CoolSculpting, uses radiofrequency heating (“fire”) and localized fat reduction with cold (“ice”) to obtain additional fat reduction and skin tightening. BTL Vanquish ME is a great non-surgical complement to any liposuction, liposculpture, or surgical procedure to obtain enhanced fat reduction results.
- Kybella injections can provide further fat reduction in localized areas, such as the chin and neck, inner thigh, and buttock roll.
View this post on Instagram
🎯Procedure: Revision Hi Def Liposuction 👓How it works: Vaser + @renuvion is used to remove stubborn body fat, tighten skin, loosen scar tissue, and reshape the body. 💥Ultrasound technology used to chisel out six pack abs, pecs, lats, obliques and hips/waist. In this case to fix irregularities and smooth scar tissue while tightening the waist and hips. 🥛Fat removed from the body is harvested for fat transfer to be injected into the pecs, shoulders, calves and buttocks. Here used to improve cellulite and give lateral buttock enhancement.
In concert with board-certified, expert plastic surgeons, Dr. Emer and his team accomplish complete body transformations, combining Hi-Definition Liposculpture with significant body modifications — including implants, lifts, and tucks (skin removal) — to achieve an even more enhanced, contoured, and sculpted body.
- SKIN REMOVAL: Skin removal may be necessary for thinner patients with soft, loose skin who are poor candidates for liposuction alone — or for those patients who have had significant weight loss / weight fluctuations, pregnancies, and/or hormonal changes that have affected skin elasticity and now have significant sagging or loose skin and are seeking definition and contour. Depending on each patient’s condition, skin removal surgery might be minimal (such as an arm pinch or Mini Tummy Tuck) or could involve a full Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, ¾ lift, full body lift, or scar revision.
- BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT / BUTTOCK IMPLANTS: For more significant improvements in size, shape and contour of the buttocks, Dr. Emer and his expert plastic surgeons will often perform a composite procedure: buttock implants complemented with natural fat grafting. A long-term solution tailored specifically to your anatomy and aesthetic goals, implants can dramatically improve symmetry, projection, roundness and volume of the buttocks. Following the procedure, fat is injected into the desired areas for additional lifting and shaping, precision contouring, and cellulite improvement. Using internal and/or external radiofrequency energy devices, such as Renuvion and InMode BodyTite, Dr. Emer can provide contouring and shaping in the buttocks and skin tightening in the inner and outer thighs around the buttocks. Sculptra injections are also employed following the procedure to stimulate collagen production, improve shape, and reduce cellulite.
View this post on Instagram
If you have small problem areas of fat or loose skin and are consistently working out, dieting, and unable to see the definition or shape, you are a candidate for contouring. Meticulous skill for fat removal and skin tightening are combined to transform your body giving it definition, shape and contour much more than diet and exercise alone. In this case, the patient wanted more improvement but not sculpting or etching, so we used traditional approaches with internal tightening to get improvement. Fat harvested was used to lift and re-shape the buttock. For fat transfer or grafting, fat tissue is removed from stubborn areas or localized parts of your body such as the stomach, back, thighs, and arms. Small localized areas of liposuction can be performed at the same time to contour and shape the area, or fat can just be removed in a small quantity without disrupting the natural body shape. The fat is then processed through micro-filtration and enhanced with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cells for re-injected into areas that need volumization and definition. Common areas for injection include the buttock, breast, male chest, shoulders, calves and biceps. Moreover, a series of injections, #sculptra or PRP will prolong the results and enhance the viability of the fat cells. If you think you’re a candidate for this procedure, email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.
- ARM LIFT: An arm lift (or brachioplasty) is a surgical procedure that simultaneously reduces sagging skin on the arms, removes fat pockets, tightens and smooths the supportive tissue, and reshapes and contours the upper arm. In the hands of Dr. Jason Emer and his skilled plastic surgeons, surgical intervention is complemented by nonsurgical arm sculpting techniques, including Hi-Definition Liposculpture; internal “shrink wrap” RF skin tightening with ThermiRF and Renuvion; external RF skin tightening devices; non-invasive CoolSculpting fat reduction; and arm threading. In combination, these procedures can lift and tighten the arms and result in more contoured, athletic arms with a smaller incision and reduced downtime.
- THIGH LIFT: For patients with significant skin sagging in the inner or outer thigh, a Thighplasty (or Thigh Lift) can provide surgical skin removal and lifting, thereby reducing any skin laxity. For those with minimal loose skin in the inner thigh or buttock roll, only a small, hidden incision (tucked in the crease of the groin and buttock roll) may be necessary to tighten and lift the middle thigh and buttock crease.
Using a “spiral lift” technique, Dr. Emer’s team provides long-term lifting, visible skin tightening, and wrinkle and cellulite reduction in a single treatment. In the case of more significant sagging through the full leg and knee, a longer incision down the inner thigh or around the upper thigh may be required; however, meticulous suturing, as well as a combination of fat removal and skin tightening procedures, can give the leg a newfound contour while limiting scarring. To ensure continued improvement after surgery, Thigh Lift patients typically follow a custom-tailored annual maintenance plan, including external, non-surgical RF and ultrasound skin tightening treatments as well as regular Sculptra injections to sustain collagen production.
- BREAST LIFT: Lifting, reshaping, and recontouring the breasts is an all-too-common procedure for women who have experienced sagging, stretching, or deflating in their breasts and have developed a lack of confidence due to the effects of aging, weight loss / weight fluctuation, gravity, genetics, and pregnancy / breastfeeding. Dr. Jason Emer and his expert plastic surgeons are highly experienced with mastopexy (Breast Lift) procedures, which can restore youthful shape and perkiness to the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue. The type of incision required (circumareolar, “lollipop” or “anchor”) and the lifespan of the lift depends on each patient’s condition, breast tissue, genetics, weight, hormonal fluctuations, and desired results. Each procedure is carefully strategized and customized to address the physical, emotional, and lifestyle needs of our patients.
- BREAST IMPLANTS: For women seeking significant improvements in the size, shape, symmetry, and fullness of their breasts, a combination of traditional breast implants and fat grafting provides the advantages of both procedures. Breast implants, which are more predictable in volume than fat grafting, are 100% customizable depending on your needs, aesthetic goals, and unique anatomy. By injecting fat over the implants, Dr. Emer and his team can produce a softer, smoother look with improved soft-tissue coverage.
- MUSCULAR IMPLANTS: To improve muscular definition and shape, Dr. Emer and his skilled plastic surgeons can create hi-definition contouring with shoulder, bicep, tricep, buttock, hip and calf implants. Expertise is required to select the proper shape and size of the implant and identify the perfect incision points to reduce scarring, minimize patient recovery time, and limit the risk of complications. Muscular shaping is done in concert with Hi-Definition Liposculpture, body contouring, etching and defining of muscular contours and lines, internal “shrink wrap” tightening of the surrounding skin, and fat grafting to give more projection, definition, and athleticism long-term.
What is the downtime?
You can anticipate a more significant amount of downtime following Hi-Definition Liposculpture, body sculpting, and lifting as compared to traditional liposuction. While a weekend of downtime with compression is typical for most patients undergoing traditional tumescent, small-volume liposuction, the downtime for Hi-Definition Liposculpture is normally up to 2 weeks. If the procedure involves skin cutting, significant fat grafting, body lifting, or surgical implants, then the downtime is more likely to be 2 to 3 weeks.
In the first two weeks, patients will experience a great deal of drainage and leakage; this is a vital step in the process as lymphatic massage and fluid draining can help prevent infection, fluid buildup (seroma) and scar tissue formation, which are all potential occurrences in liposuction procedures.
Click here for our complete guide to
to ensure the best outcome from your procedure.
You can also anticipate a considerable amount of swelling, which can last for weeks to months following the procedure. Dr. Emer warns his patients that they will not see their final results for 6 to 12 months, so patience is key.
Is it painful?
Considering the extensive nature of the treatment, there is far less pain than one might anticipate. Patients often experience some pain in the first 24 to 72 hours. After the initial healing phase, there’s typically minimal pain that only requires post-operative compression and no medication. Dr. Emer provides his patients with a comprehensive medication and aftercare protocol to assist with pain management and to accelerate healing.
What are the potential risks?
As with any procedure of this magnitude, there are risks and complications to be aware of. Dr. Emer discusses all of the following with his patients in consultation prior to their procedures:
- Blood buildup (hematoma) with risk of infection
- Fluid buildup (seroma) with risk of infection
- Worsening cellulite
- Loose-hanging skin
- Skin burns or discoloration
- Skin scarring
- Unanticipated results that do not meet patient expectations
With Dr. Jason Emer, patients are in the care of a fellowship-trained, board-certified dermatologist with meticulous technique and unmatched expertise — two essential ingredients to a safe and complication-free procedure.
The most effective means of reducing risk is determining if you are a good candidate for Hi-Definition Liposculpture in the first place. Following a formal evaluation, Dr. Emer can determine if this is in fact the best procedure for you and your goals.
Is Hi-Definition Liposculpture the best option for all women?
No, Hi-Definition Liposculpture is not for all women. One common misconception is that this is a weight loss procedure, but this is not the case. Hi-Definition Liposculpture is not for patients who are overweight or are in the midst of their weight loss journey.
View this post on Instagram
BEFORE: Wide frontal body profile; protruding abdominal area; lack of perk. AFTER: Thinner, athletic frontal body profile; flatter abdominal area; definition of the back. TREATMENT DETAILS: Even my patients who maintain proactive habits in their lives can sometimes feel as if they’re not looking their best. A variety of factors can attribute to this such as aging, hormonal fluctuations and genetics. This patient shown above already has a very fit and athletic body, but had concerns with excess stubborn fat in areas that are common for women tp carry additional weight. There are a multitude of fat removal and reduction options available ranging from surgical procedures like HD Lipo to non-invasive fat reduction such as TruSculpt. For her, the problem areas were not severe enough to require surgery, so we used a non-invasive, device by @BTLaesthetics called Vanquish; a device so effective I have used it on myself. This device uses radiofrequency energy to selectively heat and damage fat cells in the entire abdominal area from flank to flank; diminishing fat cells and creating permanent reduction in fat as well as additional skin tightening from the released heat. One of the unique parts about this device is that it wraps around the entire abdominal area, including the flanks. The heat that builds up in this area induces the reduction of the patient’s abdominal circumference which gives the patient a more narrow, contoured and athletic body profile. It takes about 2-3 weeks after your sessions to see your results as your body begins to naturally remove the disrupted fat cells. The more sessions you have, the greater, and more enhanced, your results will be. As you can see, this patient has now taken her body to the next level and with continuous maintenance of a healthy lifestyle, her results will only become more significant. Does Vanquish sound right for you? Email email@example.com to book a consult today.
Ideal candidates are athletic individuals with proper diet and exercise habits who have long-standing problem areas that need to be resolved, defined, and contoured. If a patient is not already athletic, it may not be possible to mold an athletic body. This specialized procedure is best for those women who wish to improve their appearance with minor fat removal and enhanced definition, sculpting, and contouring techniques. For those who are not athletic, Dr. Emer can still slim the body and provide improved contour, which will become more evident after the patient begins training in the gym.
If weight loss is required prior to Hi-Definition Liposculpture, Dr. Emer’s personal trainers and various advanced weight loss techniques can assist with your preparation for surgery and further improve your outcome once the procedure is completed.
Additionally, if there is significant skin laxity prior to surgery, then it will need to be removed (e.g. tummy tuck or abdominoplasty for lower abdominal skin; arm lift or brachioplasty for loose arm skin; thigh lift or thighplasty; breast lift for excess breast skin; etc.).
Is Hi-Definition Liposculpture expensive?
The cost of Hi-Definition Liposculpture is significantly more than traditional liposuction; this is due to the comprehensiveness of the procedure and the various techniques, tools and methodologies used to not only remove unwanted fat but also contour, sculpt, etch, and enhance the entire body. Think of Hi-Definition Liposculpture as a long-term investment in your body. In the right hands, and with the right aftercare, this will be the last procedure of its kind that you should need — or the procedure that begins your journey to a newly transformed body.
I want to find out if I am a candidate for Hi-Definition Liposculpture!
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, please reach out to our concierge to schedule an appointment. Call 424-800-4140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.