Finding the time to care for, exercise, and transform our bodies seems to be more difficult year after year. Whether it’s getting to the gym in the morning, applying sunscreen, or following our daily skin care protocol, it seems we’re all living in 15-minute intervals. Perhaps this predicament was the inspiration for Cutera’s truSculpt iD, the newest non-invasive, state-of-the-art energy-based device that uses radiofrequency energy through targeted, subdermal heating to achieve permanent fat reduction and skin tightening in just 15 minutes per treatment area and session.
Face and body sculpting pioneer Dr. Jason Emer, a renowned expert in non-surgical fat reduction and skin tightening treatments, uses truSculpt iD in combination with Hi-Definition Liposuction, fat dissolving injectables like Kybella and Lipodissolve, energy-based devices like Vanquish, and fat “freezing” treatments such as CoolSculpting, to address small, stubborn pockets of fat and deliver fat reduction, skin tightening, toning, and sculpting in a single treatment.
truSculpt iD is designed for use on various parts of the body, in areas both large and small, and can even help sculpt challenging areas such as the arms and inner thighs:
- • Abdomen / lower stomach
- • Flanks / love handles
- • Back
- • Upper arms
- • Under the chin (submental fat)
- • Under the jawline (submandibular fat)
- • Inner and outer thighs
- • Full legs / thighs
- • Mons pubis
- • Banana roll / buttock roll
How does truSculpt iD work?
In a Cutera truSculpt iD session, flat, handheld applicators are applied directly to the skin (up to 6 applicators may be used per treatment area), either in a single location or in multiple areas simultaneously. Once applied, the applicators send targeted pulses of individually calibrated radiofrequency energy below the skin’s surface to deliver deep subdermal heat and permanently burn stubborn fat cells.
Unlike similar fat reduction devices that move across the skin, the truSculpt iD applicators sit directly on the localized, pre-marked problem areas and increase the heat to the exact temperatures needed to burn fat and tighten skin. During the treatment, skin temperature is continuously monitored and controlled, and radiofrequency energy delivery is automatically adjusted to ensure patient safety and comfort. With these precautions, the risk of complications such as burns, scars, or numbness tingling is minimal.
In addition to burning fat, the subdermal heat also generates collagen in the treated area, which then prompts both immediate and long-term skin tightening, contouring, and toning.
The destroyed fat cells are naturally removed and excreted through the body over a 12-week period. Patients can expect a 15%- 25% fat reduction in the treated area with each session (if diet and exercise are maintained or improved). truSculpt iD results are most often visible 4 to 12 weeks after the treatment.
How long do truSculpt iD improvements last?
Just as we need regular visits to the gym to maintain our figure, truSculpt iD requires regular treatments in order to maintain and maximize our results. One 15-minute treatment will give minor improvement, but for ongoing improvements in your physique, Dr. Emer suggests that you schedule a truSculpt iD session every 6 to 12 weeks and include it as part of your diet and exercise routine to keep your body in top shape.
How does Dr. Emer do it differently?
A true pioneer in revolutionary, non-surgical fat reduction and skin tightening procedures, Dr. Jason Emer applies both his artistic vision and his scientific expertise to develop patient-specific combination treatments incorporating radiofrequency, ultrasound, laser, shockwave, vibrational therapy, and injectable treatments to achieve natural, lasting results.
- • truSculpt iD is one key component of Dr. Emer’s comprehensive Hi-Definition Liposuction aftercare protocol. In the weeks following a VASER Hi-Definition Liposuction procedure, Dr. Emer recommends Vanquish and truSculpt iD for further fat removal, collagen building, and skin tightening; Exilis Ultra, InMode Forma/Contoura, and Venus Legacy for additional skin tightening and fine-tuning; and Cellutone, ZWave, and eVIVE to smooth the skin’s surface, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin’s overall appearance.
- • Following CoolSculpting treatments in the chin and neck, truSculpt iD (in combination with Thermage, Ultherapy, Exilis Ultra, InMode FaceTite, Renuvion Helium Plasma, and injectable fat reducers like Kybella) can help reduce the submental fat under the chin and submandibular fat under the jawline as well as provide skin tightening in the area. Depending on the amount of fat removal desired or the extent of skin laxity in the area, Hi-Definition Chin and Jawline Liposuction or a surgical Neck Lift may be required to obtain significant improvement.
- • Following CoolSculpting treatments on the abdomen, flanks, back, upper arms, and thighs, truSculpt iD (in combination with Vanquish, Venus Legacy, and Exilis Ultra) can provide further fat reduction and aid in skin tightening. Dr. Emer pairs these treatments with Cellutone, ZWave, and eVIVE to smooth the skin.
- • For individuals with small pockets of fat and/or mild skin laxity in the knees and thighs, Dr. Emer proposes a combination of Hi-Definition Liposuction, ThermiRF, Renuvion (J-Plasma) helium plasma radiofrequency, InMode BodyTite, Kybella injections, and/or truSculpt iD to remove/reduce the fat and tighten the skin.
- • truSculpt iD, Vanquish, and Cellutone / ZWave / eVIVE are all effective complements to injectable fat-reducing treatments such as Kybella, Lipodissolve, and Mesotherapy.
Am I a good candidate for truSculpt iD?
Prime candidates for truSculpt iD are athletic individuals with localized problem areas who are seeking minor fat reduction and skin tightening improvements over time. As with all non-surgical fat reduction and skin tightening treatments, truSculpt iD is not a weight loss treatment and cannot substitute for a Hi-Definition Liposuction procedure. A formal evaluation with a board-certified dermatologist like Dr. Jason Emer is the best means to determine if you are a good candidate for this treatment.
Is it painful?
The truSculpt iD treatment is 100% painless. For most patients, the sensation is warm and soothing, similar to a heating pad or hot stone massage. Throughout the treatment, the temperature can be tailored depending on your comfort level.
What is the downtime?
One of the most compelling aspects of this state-of-the-art, non-invasive treatment (other than its 15-minute duration and the high fat-burning success rate) is that there is no downtime, bruising, or swelling. Aside from some redness in the area, it’s essentially impossible to discern that there was a treatment performed at all. Patients resume their normal lives or return the gym immediately after a truSculpt iD session.
How do I schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer?
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, please reach out to our concierge to schedule an appointment. Call 424-800-4140 or email us at email@example.com.